Ever since the infamous Peanut Butter + Bacon sandwich was featured on Carlos Parisi’s Sandwich Talk a few months back, I’ve been wanting to create a vegan version. Ryan & Caroline are Detroit’s foodie power couple behind Peanut Butter + Bacon, a food blog covering the best spots, hidden gems, and delectable dishes you shouldn’t live without. They are credible influencers, pickleball players, and just really down to earth, cool people. They are also the ones behind the peanut butter and bacon sandwich.
I’ve never had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich and honestly, the thought never crossed my mind. Peanut butter and bacon are two ingredients that I wouldn’t normally put together. However, being the curious foodie that I am, I had to try it. I don’t eat meat, so for this recipe I use my favorite plant based bacon, Sweetearth’s Hickory & Sage Benevolent Bacon. You have to try it! It’s smoky, crisps up nicely, and the perfect substitute for the real deal.
This recipe is pretty easy and only requires a few ingredients.
Vegan Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwich
- 2 Slices multigrain bread
- Peanut butter
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 5 Slices Plant based bacon
- 2 Tbsp butter (plant based)
- Heat the bacon. Add a drop of olive oil to a pan and heat the bacon on medium heat until desired crispiness is achieved. Don’t walk away! This bacon heats fast so flip often so it doesn’t burn.
- Butter one side of the bread and place face down in a grill pan on medium heat.
- While bread is toasting in the pan, build your sandwich. Spread peanut butter on the inside of the slice of bread. Layer 4-5 slices of bacon on top. Top with the other slice of bread, buttering the outside, flipping, and cooking until golden brown.
Not too bad! The crispy bacon adds texture against the creamy peanut butter. This sandwich kinda has that sweet and salty vibe going on and it’s good. The salty, smoky bacon compliments the sweet, nutty peanut butter flavor. The toasty, grilled bread is the perfect crunchy canvas for this sandwich. Hats off to Ryan & Caroline! You both have inspired me to make a delicious sandwich and add another recipe to my collection. Thank you!
You can follow all of Ryan & Caroline’s foodie adventures via their blog, Peanut Butter + Bacon and their Instagram account: @peanutbutter_bacon
Watch Peanut Butter + Bacon & The Bite Tonight’s episodes on Sandwich Talk with Carlos Parisi via the Planet Ant YouTube Channel. New episodes live streaming every Wednesday evening.
Shout out to Jacki for the beautiful plate! It makes the perfect prop for food photography. Thank you <3
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.