Looking for an easy, delicious side dish to any meal? Make Rosemary Home Fries your go to! I have to admit, I am not a huge rosemary fan, but it pairs so well with potatoes. Rosemary Home Fries are the perfect plant based side to any meal.
I really like using cast iron for this recipe because the potatoes get extra crispy. If you don’t have cast iron, it’s OK. Just use what you have. But definitely get a cast iron skillet ASAP. It’s a game changer!
Rosemary Home Fries
- 2 large Russet potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary Or dry if fresh isn't available
- Slice potatoes (1/8-inch thick) and onion, set aside
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil in a medium/large cast iron skilled on medium/high heat until sizzling
- Layer potatoes in skillet evenly, top with a layer of sliced onions
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic
- Continue to layer potatoes and onions until all are in the skillet
- Lower the heat to medium and cover pan, cook for 10 or until the potatoes are a golden brown
- Flip potatoes, once section at a time
- Add remaining olive oil, cover, and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and serve