Easy Chickpea Salad
- 1 Can Garbanzo (chickpea)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Real Mayo (or vegan)
- 1 Green onion (scallion), diced
- 1 Small Carrot, diced
- 5 Large Brussel Sprouts, diced
- 1 Stalk Celery, diced
- 4 Large Radishes, diced
- 4 Large Broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1 Tbsp Dill (dried or fresh)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. I don't remove the skin, but you can if you'd like. They come off very easily.
- Chop all the veggies, combine with chickpeas, mustard, mayo, and dill
- Toss until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 min to a couple hours. This isn't mandatory, but it helps all the flavors come together. Enjoy!
I love this recipe because it is filling and can be stuffed inside a pita or wrap and made into a sandwich. Slightly smash the salad with a fork and make an easy spread for toast or bread. Just remember to cut the bigger veggies real small (like broccoli).
This salad can easily be made vegan by using a vegan mayo! Don’t like mayo? Substitute for Greek yogurt for added protein. Enjoy!