It’s been a while since I featured a recipe on the blog so I thought I’d switch it up a bit. This is a quick and easy home made pizza recipe, only instead of dough, the crust is made out of shredded chicken breast. It’s low carb, high protein, and delicious! After trying this, you will not want traditional pizza ever again!
What You’ll Need
- 1 can of chunk chicken breast (12.5 oz) OR 1 1/2 cups of rotisserie chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- Pizza sauce
- All your favorite toppings!
- Salt, pepper, seasonings
For the Crust
1. Mix chicken breast, egg, and Parmesan cheese and stir until thoroughly combined. Mixture should be thick.
2. Evenly spread mixture on a pizza pan/baking pan lined with parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture to help spread it out. You can shape it into a rectangle or round pizza. You want the crust to be very thin.
3. Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 8-10 min. Keep an eye on the crust so it doesn’t burn.
For the Pizza
1. Take out crust and top with pizza sauce, seasonings, cheese, and all your favorite toppings.
I went with a veggie pizza topped with mild peppers, red and green peppers, onions, feta cheese, and a colby/cheddar blend.
Bake for another 8-10 min until all the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
It turned out better than I expected! The crust was thin and crispy and if I hadn’t known it was chicken, I wouldn’t have guessed. It didn’t have that chew like most doughs have, but the crispy texture was good. I didn’t miss the dough and the best part is that it took around 20 min to make. It also reheats well!
I have to give a shout out to Allison who showed me this recipe. Thanks, Allison!